Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Allie's Hat

I am by no means Martha Stewart but I have to admit that I love doing crafts. Whether it's scrapbooking, sewing, crocheting... I love the idea of making handmade stuff. Scrapbooking is fairly new to me (maybe about 5-6 years). Sewing and crocheting on the other hand I've known since grade school (looooong time ago, in the Philippines.... they taught us how to crochet and sew at school). Anyway, I'm not good with both.... I learned to sew by hand.... yeah, that's too time consuming and the machine.... well, that's another story. Crocheting is a different story, well... actually, not too different... I'm not very good with that either. I do know how to make a baby blanket and scarf. That's it! Until I saw my sister's crocheted hat (made by my sister-in-law's sister). I got inspired! I figured it was time to learn something different to crochet. I got myself a "learn how to crochet" book and went to town!



This is my first ever crocheted hat!

Tah Dah!



modeled by my beautiful little girl.

Fits her perfectly don't you think?!

The pattern I was following was supposed to fit ME. I knew something was wrong when it started to look like a yamaca (sp?). I must have missed something... oh, well. I thought the flower was a nice touch .
It looks so cute on her I want her to wear it all the time.

Unfortunately for me, this is what she thinks about the hat...

No comments:

Post a Comment