Sunday, January 3, 2010

4th Birthday!

My little boy's 4th Birthday came and went without a post :( (Bad Mama)

Between Thanksgiving, planning his party and packing up for Texas for the holidays... can you blame me?! Anyway, I guess it's no excuse.
so here it is.... Andrew's 4th Birthday!!!


We started the day off with a donut breakfast (with red, white and green sprinkles)... not the best way to start off the day but our last donut day was September (or was it August?).

And off to school he went... where he got his birthday crown for the day

after school, he got his birthday gift from Grandpa and Grandma... with Allie in tow...


ANDREW'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!
Theme: Backyardigans


Andrew's special guest.... straight from Texas... NINANG ISA!

Friends...




Pinata Time!

I like the pull string ones.... less aggressive.. although I have to say, Pablo (the Penguin) looks like he's pooping candy :) (and Richard's looking up his butt :) )
*As for the apron.... because i know someone (and by that "someone" I mean you Carlo!) will say something about it.... I was frying eggrolls and completely forgot i was wearing it.

Kiddies got to decorate their own hats! I think they liked that! And I liked it because it kept them busy and not stampeding throughout the house.
Cake Time!
cake flavor: White chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries (yum!)

Awesome huh?! (ha!ha! j/k)
It wasn't how i imagined the cake to look like in the beginning but I had to work with the time I had. The characters were made out of chocolate candy melts. I worked on these daaaaaayysss before the party. I ended up making 3 Pablos (the penguin) and 2 Tyrones (the moose)and had to choose the best ones. There are 5 characters in the Backyardigans but let's be realistic... I have 2 kids... enough said.

As for the cupcakes... from the box. As much as I like making things from scratch.... I am not a masochist. So, I used the box and tub icing... no shame admitting I need help sometimes :) I did make the cupcake toppers and I think they turned out great! I've been on a cupcake topper making kick lately and I just love them. Unfortunately, I don't get to make cupcakes very often.

Here's the birthday boy blowing his candle.

And the Birthday boy's sister enjoying her cupcake.


Happy Birthday my dear little Andrew!
My dear little Angel.
You are growing up so fast...
there are days when I can barely remember
how small you were when you came into our lives,
and yet,
there are days when I remember every detail of that 1st day,
four years ago.
you are growing into a big boy,
everyday with you is a blessing.
I wake up in the morning thinking "how will you be today?"
Some days are more challenging than others
but i wouldn't change the way you are for anything in this world.
You'll always be my little boy and I love you very much.
love, Mama
PS.
See what I mean about the cupcake toppers?!

No comments:

Post a Comment