Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkins,pumpkins... and more pumpkins!

Nothing says Halloween like Pumpkins! (at least here in our household)
A new tradition , started last year.... Mama carving the pumpkins! (A pumpkin, actually)
Steps:
1. cut...a.....(@!X#)...freaking... hole...on....top! (This took longer that I expected)
2. scrape inside pumpkin
3. Let the kiddies have fun scooping stuff out of the pumpkin.... they loved this part...


4. Let Mama carve away while Andrew and Allie run around the house.... "is it done yet?", "can I see it?", "I want to do it!" by Andrew...Et Voila!Awesome isn't it? :)

It's not as easy as you think... my fingers started cramping in the middle of carving this alien/monster....lest you think I am this awesome pumpkin carver I have to confess that I used a stencil...doesn't make it look less awesome!

Anyway, the kids loved it!



Allie Getting ready for pumpkin project #2


This one was a whole lot easier. The only problem was that the pumpkins were a little too small. (note to self: buy bigger pumpkins next time)
Ourrrrr Pirate pumpkin....Mr. Potato Head style.
Andrew's school Pumpkin... (pumpkin #3)
I volunteered to come to school and help the kids decorate their pumpkins... Oh so fun! and I got to see how my little boy interacted with his classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment