Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple Picking

October 17, 2008
Lookout farm in Natick, MA



Is it still considered apple picking when technically we only picked 4 apples and the rest are asian pears?


This was our first apple/pear picking trip as a family and even though it was 40 degrees out, the sun was shining and we had a ton of fun!



They had trains that went around the orchard and dropped you off at areas where apples (and pears) can be picked. The train alone was enough to make Andrew's day. They also had a big play area for kiddies with moonbounce, haystack pyramid, caterpillar ride, maze, etc...etc... Oh, what fun for Andrew. Allie on the other hand came along for the food. :)
train ride to the orchard
Caterpillar ride... woohoo!
Haystack Pyramid


Burlap maze

I have to say... as we were picking pears and apples to our heart's content (and, of course, eating some) I was freaking out that my dear husband was just picking fruits rubbing it with his hands and eating them! Pre-kiddies I would have been perfectly fine with that... but with Andrew and Allie wanting to munch on unwashed fruit that daddy was eating... you can understand my panic! So what did i do?! I bust out my trusty Leatherman (it's like a swiss army knife) and started peeling the darn pears for my kids to eat, that's what I did! I never leave home without it... it's an awesome tool for a mom, i have to say, from scissor, mini-knife, screwdriver thingy, even a plucker! for splinters, not eyebrows... who has the time for that! I did get stopped for it at an x-ray thing one time.
Sour apples...
Yummy Asian Pear...
Oh, and let's not forget about the Pumpkins! took us quite a while to pick out the "perfect" ones!
Andrew: "Mama, why are you making me hug Allie again?" :)
Allie: "what's this fool doing now?" :)
Fun Day!

1 comment:

  1. love the pics! they are growing up way too fast. can't wait to see y'all next month!!

    ReplyDelete