Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter Everyone! I am so glad Easter is here... I can finally eat chocolate again! Yes, I gave up chocolate for lent.... and Yes, it was a BIG sacrifice for me (for those you who know me, you know how big that is for me). As I type this blog, I can't help but think how shallow this sacrifice was. As a catholic, I have been doing this type of "sacrifice" during the lenten season for years (I mix it up a little sometimes with "any snacks", "ice cream only", "all sweets" to the all encompassing "everything bad for me"). But it doesn't really help me (I go on attack mode as soon as easter arrives) or anyone else. So, for next year, I promise to sacrifice something more substantial or maybe just do something to help out the community or our church.




Anyway, the family and I went to Richard's cousins for Easter for Jonelyn's, Richard's niece, Birthday. Andrew had a great time playing with his cousins and I overindulged myself with any chocolate thing I can get my hands on (I told you). Yes, I dug through my kids easter baskets for anything chocolate! Before anyone can say "how can I do that to my children", Andrew is allergic to dairy, and Allie is too young for chocolate. So there!
Here are some pics from that day.
btw, my little "happy easter" sign is from bakerella.blogspot.com. Aren't they cute! I wish I saw them earlier, i could have made an army of those!















No comments:

Post a Comment