Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day

I have to be honest..... I don't like V-day.... I didn't like it when I was single, GOSH, there is just nothing worse than being single on V-day- I KNOW it all too well- (a holiday that exclude certain people is just not a holiday for me)... I didn't like it when dear hubby and I first met.... 12 years down the road and I still don't like V-day. I am the Scrooge of Valentines Day... BAH HUMBUG! Am I being too harsh, cranky and grumpy about this holiday? hmm...Nothing personal with St. Valentine I just think that if you love someone you show that someone that you love them EVERY SINGLE DAY.... not just one day out of the year! (btw, dear husband of mine... that doesn't get you out of taking me out! :) )

Until this past year I had no use for V-day.... now that Andrew is in school.... well, I can't say I now LOVE v-day... but it's tolerable. Thanks to my love of crafting. It kept me and my kiddies busy making v-day cards and crafts for Andrew's friends at school. Not to mention my very cute cupcake toppers :).


Anyway, I can't say I love v-day but I love my two babies, so we will celebrate this holiday. If only to teach them that this day is not necessary when you show and tell people you love that you love them everyday.

Here are my kiddies eating their v-day cupcakes...
(Allie can eat 3 of these bad boys in one sitting!)
And with that.... Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment