Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hair

It's been more than a month... I'm slacking... the rain's been keeping me down.
Anyway...I discovered something...
I am OBSESSED with my Allie's hair!

why?! because she barely has any!

When Andrew was born hair was not a big deal because, first of all, he's a boy, and 2nd, he had a TON of hair. Allie on the other hand was born with less hair. I figured she'd grow more in time... but sadly, almost 2 years later... same amount of hair on her big head :)

I think this is the reason why I got a little carried away with the crocheted hats. btw, I finally got around to making a hat for my boy...



After I made Allie 5 hats... which she uses when she plays dress up.... which is not very often.

My latest obsession... headbands and hair clips!

see...







When Allie was only a few months old I got sooo excited about the whole girls and pretty little clips and headbands that I actually got her an $8 clip (Yes! ONE little clip) Sad to say, it hasn't seen a whole lot of action. So now that she has a bit more hair, I decided to MAKE clips and headbands for her, which is actually a good thing because 1. the overhead is low ...a little felt, a little thread, a lot of squinting and pricking my finger ( good thing I got that tetanus shot last month). 2. the way she misplaces them... I can't really afford $4-$8 clips all the time! 3. I can make clips and headbands that match her outfits. 4. Did I mention the eco friendly felt (made out of plastic bottles! Of all things!).
Now.... if I can only make it stay on her head...


No comments:

Post a Comment