Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Day out with Thomas!

September 6, 2009
Edaville, USA (@ Carver, MA)
This was a trip funded by Richard's dad (a surprise trip from Grandpa, Andrew didn't know where we were going). Ticket was bought a month ago so when Andrew got sick last Monday I was a little unsure whether we'd make it to this trip. As it turned out we did decide to go, Andrew was still a little sick but how could we not go after all the fuss we made about "grandpa's surprise trip"? This may not have been my best parenting decision but I have to say, he LOVED every minute of it! You should have seen how much his eyes lit up when we got there and saw Thomas.


Okay, so we started the day off with a healthy breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. My kids never see donuts in the house so on special days like this we like to splurge :)



Honey glazed donut "makes my tummy rather rumbly" says Andrew. (From Winnie the Pooh)

Yum! says Allie.


And off we go to Edaville, USA (an amusement park for younger kiddies) to see...Thomas!


Our appointment to see Thomas wasn't until 10:50 so we had time to go around the place and ride a few rides. First up....

the ferris wheel. My little boy's first time on a ferris wheel. I was a little nervous, especially when Richard volunteered to go with him. I felt like I had to remind him to hold on to Andrew really good. I even told him that incase they actually fall, to make himself fall before Andrew so that Andrew will have someone to fall ON to. :) When I didn't hear screaming and crying the first couple of turns on the wheel I felt so proud of him (Andrew, not Richard) that I literally took close to 20 pictures of them in the ferris wheel. Yes, I have 16 pictures of Richard and Andrew that looks exactly like this (just some more blurry than the others).


Next up.... the Elephant ride... I think I enjoyed this ride more than Andrew. I found myself wooh-ing! than any of the other parents in the elephants. Actually, I don't think Andrew liked this ride at all. That night, Andrew must have been having a dream and started screaming "I DON'T WANT THE ELEPHANT!".





Here's Allie enjoying her own ride... the stroller!




Playing "catch my shadow" and seeing how many dirty things she can pick up.


Andrew with Sir Topham Hatt. Sir Topham who? Those of you with little boys like me, if you don't know him yet, you will soon enough. At least he doesn't look too scary.


Finally, our date with Thomas! Allie, as you can see, could care less where she was as long as I had a cookie ready for her. Andrew, of course was very excited. We almost ended up in the caboose because we waited too long to line up to get on the train. I refuse to stand in lines, long lines, when Allie is around... it is never a good idea. Anyway, 20 minutes in the train Allie was ready to jump off the tracks. While Andrew enjoyed every minute of it.





Here's Allie looking out at the endless sea of cranberry bogs that don't have cranberries yet.


Finally a photo op with Thomas!




Another little train ride




Then lunch!





After some over priced chix tenders, fries, onion rings and sausages... we're off, again, to see the rest of the park.


We ended up in the cranberry pit. Andrew enjoyed rolling around it so much I couldn't get a decent shot.








A couple more rides,souvenir shopping, some cotton candy and fried dough... yeah I know, we didn't take any pics of that. We even adopted 2 little monkeys.. yeah, good luck on how long that will last. Then it was time to go home.



Goodbye Thomas! We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment