Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st day of school

Well, 1st day of school has come and gone....1st week of school (Tuesday and thurday) has come and gone... and I haven't posted anything... well here they are (for those of you who actually read my blog... ALL 4 of you!). :)
Gosh! my baby is really getting old!
To my boy: "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as i'm living my baby you'll be" From the book Love you forever.
I wanted to make the 1st day of school extra special for Andrew so I taped some streamers and balloons on the door of his room. I remember, when I was young, yes that was a LONG time ago, dreading the end of summer and the start of the school year. I figured maybe if i can make the 1st day of school a little special Andrew wouldn't dread it like I used to. Anyway, he seemed to like them.

Next up... Breakfast! Cap'n crunch cereal with chex.

Then off we go...

making funny faces on the road...

And my boy is off to school...

First things first... hanging the jacket and backpack on his designated hook. Oh, that's Miss Julie, his teacher.



Washing hands with Miss Debbie.


Pics with the family...


Then off we go..... I was so nervous and excited for him I didn't have time to cry. I was glad because the teachers said NO crying in school... for the parents. I did call the school, as soon as we got home, to check up on him. Oh, come on, did you really not see that coming from me?!

Dismissal... despite the bedraggled look... he did say he had fun! Got to feed the school's pet fish and everything!

And what better way to top off the 1st day of school than a lunch at chili's! complete with a blue drink (he so loved for a full 5 sips), grilled chix, broccoli and fries. YUM!

Oh, and this is Allie showing me her french fries...

I think this is a start of a new tradition...

No comments:

Post a Comment