Saturday, July 25, 2009

12 months

Allie's 1st doctor's appointment


So, Allie had her 1st birthday last week and this past week was her 12-month check up. I can't believe it has been a year! It surprises me sometimes that our wait for the doctor (Dr. G) seemed to always be longer than our actual visit with the doctor. Is it even worth the $15 co-pay? Not Dr. G's fault really, he would ask me "do you have any questions?" a few times during the visit. I'm not sure if Allie's just a little easier than Andrew or that Allie is less prone to weird kiddie stuff or that God forbid, I am actually getting the hang of this motherhood thing.... but I feel weird saying "no questions for you right now, doctor". Back in the day, umm... about 3 years ago, I would actually go to the doctor armed with a LIST of things to ask about Andrew. From "is he having enough sleep?", "is he burping enough?","what's that noise he's making?","is he supposed to eat that much/that little?", "is it normal that he's doing this/that?", "his poop looks like this", "his throw-up looks like that" (No kidding, I even wrote on my list what they actually looked like). And now, with Allie, not a whole lot of questions. Not a whole lot of worries. At least not concerning poop/throw-up/sleep/eating habits. I still worry about her, but I don't call the doctor right away when she gets a fever or when she'd throw-up for no reason (I know, what's the deal with the throw-up?! I was a little obssessed with Andrew's throw-up when he was a few months old... and for good reason... we found out he's allergic to milk!). I guess I've learned a few things in between having Andrew and Allie. Is it safe to say that I'm actually getting the hang of this motherhood thing? I sure hope so, with 2 kids those co-pays can add up!



seriously, i found that this motherhood thing is a journey with no maps.... sure, people can tell you where to go/ what to do, whether you ask them or not (ahem... wink, wink) but everyone's journey is different. I just do what I can, the best that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment